Under the direction of the CAP/EAS Director and Shelter Counseling Manager, the Shelter Counselor Specialist is responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Responsible for a safe clean environment of care that meets with the standard of safety and cleanliness for staff and consumers.
- Achieves a high level of consumer and customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for ensuring those services are in compliance with all licensing, regulatory, accreditation and Affordable Housing Alliance’s policies and procedures.
- Respond in a timely manner to all consumer and customer questions, concerns and complaints.
- Other duties as assigned and necessary to the smooth operation of the Shelter program.
- Refer clients to local resources to secure permanent housing and employment
- Ensure clients are following the unique care plan that has been set for them
- Assist with the daily living needs of shelter residents, including access to phone, food, medications, and personal care items.
- Complete house security checks as assigned on your shift.
- Maintain client files and other record keeping as required. All paperwork should be completed by the end of each shift.
- To take appropriate steps to deal with emergency situations with the goal of maintaining the safety of all residents in conjunction with the agency policies
- High School Diploma or equivalent plus 4 years of related work experience
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable with public speaking and presenting
- Must have the capacity to deal with diverse clients with various levels of needs.
- Strong Computer skills (Word, Excel, e-mail, etc.).
- Must have a valid NJ Driver’s license and clean driving record.
- All employees are required to submit to criminal, driving and personal reference checks as appropriate to their position.
- Must have a current TB Vaccination
- Hepatitis B and MMR Vaccinations are highly recommended
- Holidays, overnights, evenings, and weekends are required
- Ability to perform physical tasks: move objects, bend, and lift up to 30 pounds
*Part-time hourly positions require weekends, holidays and nights*
- Saturday & Sunday | 4:00 pm to 12:00 am
- $15.00 hourly
All employees are required to submit to drug, criminal, driving and personal reference checks as appropriate to their position. Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org