Under the direction of the Utility Assistance Director, this position will be responsible for the following:
- Intake and initial eligibility assessment of clients needing utility assistance during initial agency contact via internet, partner agency, phone, facsimile or walk-in.
- Assist clients with completing the applications and verification documentation to apply for energy assistance funds.
- Enter all client information into the AHA database system for all application submission sent directly to the organization in hard copy, paper forms received by facsimile, email or hand delivery and process each as you would process an electronic application submission
- Provide Program Manager and Director with monthly client tracking numbers for all walk-ins and calls received
- Communicate with clients via telephone, internet and in person and advise of program requirements.
- Respond to incoming phone calls in regards to the utility assistance programs
- Refer clients to appropriate social service agencies within the community, based on needs
- Refer clients to other energy assistance programs they may qualify for
- Assist with the administration and record keeping of the program
- Respond to all e-mail inquiries and website contact messages
- Provide clients a sense of hope and encouragement as they attempt to address their needs
- Maintain office in a confidential and secure manner to project client information
- Attend various statewide community events to inform the public of utility assistance availability.
- Other duties as assigned and necessary for the administrative functioning of the department
- Ability to speak clearly while responding to clients in need and sometimes in crisis
- High School Diploma
- Bi-Lingual Spanish a plus
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in providing intake and referral services, community outreach, or other related social service experiences
- Strong computer, data entry, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel to other office locations and outreach sites. Job requires the ability to work in any of 3 locations: Freehold, Eatontown or Neptune.
- All employees are required to submit to criminal, drug test, driving, and personal reference checks as appropriate to their position.
- FT 35 hours/week
All employees are required to submit to drug, criminal, driving and personal reference checks as appropriate to their position. Please send resume to: email@example.com