FLOATING MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
(With One Bedroom Apartment)
The Floating Maintenance Technician (“MT”) will have responsibilities for the maintenance and repair of an apartment development(s) which may consist of multiple buildings or a single structure.
Reporting to their assigned Regional Maintenance Supervisor the MT will ensure their assigned apartment development(s) is maintained to company and industry standards of excellence. The MT will work with the commitment to maintain a clean, well-maintained property and the mechanical systems which are a part of the development(s). As a key employee responsible for a development used around the clock by residents, the MT will be available for emergency calls and responsive to safety matters.
The MT will work collaboratively with the Regional Maintenance Supervisor and other staff members at being a good steward of a valuable asset which is home to residents of various economic circumstances and social needs.
The MT will provide excellent customer service to the resident’s thus encouraging long-term retention.
The MT will demonstrate professionalism and will diligently pursue their own professional development.
The MT will report to the Regional Maintenance Supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Effectively manage the unit make-ready program to company standard which is 5 business days
- Work collaboratively with the Regional Maintenance Supervisor to successfully complete apartment unit inspections for both move-in and move-out to include preparing estimates of damage for collection purpose
- Follow the company’s Risk Management directives to maintain a safe property environment
- Make repairs and perform preventative maintenance to company, industry standards and to building codes – seek the help of the Maintenance Supervisor, Regional Maintenance Supervisor, Director of Property Management and Resident Services, or Field Supervisor before proceeding with unfamiliar measures – contact them before contacting vendors for the non-routine repair or replacement issues
- Remove snow from sidewalks and entry areas and portions of parking lots with company approved materials and following company procedures which include maintaining a professional snow log
- Ensure all preventative maintenance processes are completed following manufacturers’ guidance and maintain warranty, guarantee and key physical component identification information
- Maintain common areas in a professional manner and inspect the property and its grounds daily looking for problems and solve them immediately
- Understand the property’s annual operating budget and work to achieve the objectives therein
- Proactively manage to avoid surprises -maintain the property to “inspection level” every day
- Provide meaningful input to the capital planning process, budget process and examine expenditures for cost savings and efficiencies – share best practices with colleagues
- Work orders, preventive maintenance, apartment turns and the leasing of vacant apartment units-– all to be done within company policy timeframes while showing great customer service
- Own all maintenance, safety and resident relations aspects to your apartment development
- Deliver customer service, professionalism, safe work practices, effective property inspections, and Fair Housing and Risk Management initiatives
- Ensure property is prepared to excel at all property inspections, including agency and REAC without the need for surges in staff and spending, i.e. have property inspection ready at all times
- Serve as a role model, mentor, coach and trusted resource to field staff and residents
- Assist with the Supportive Services program so that it is successful
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma / GED – technical training certifications a plus
- Minimum of (3) three to (5) years of property maintenance responsibilities, or similar experience
- Ability to work flexible hours and at property locations within or near transitional neighborhoods
- Requires a valid driver’s license, an insured vehicle, and the ability to travel (between properties)
- Ability to climb stairs, take elevators, bend, squat and reach overhead, and meet standard mobility and lifting for tasks typically associated with property maintenance
All employees are required to submit to a drug, criminal, driving and personal reference check as appropriate to their position Please submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org