Case Worker Processor
Under the direction of the Case Worker Coordinator, this position will be responsible for the following:
- Intake and eligibility assessment of clients needing utility assistance during initial agency contact via internet, partner agency, phone, facsimile or walk-in.
- Assist clients with completing the applications and verification documentation to apply for energy assistance funds.
- Ability to assist clients through entire application process and responding to questions in person and via telephone and email.
- Enter all client information into the AHA-utility database system for all application submission sent directly to the organization in hard copy, paper forms received by facsimile, email or hand delivery and process each as you would process an electronic application submission
- Process all applications that are submitted via the AHA Utility system in electronic format.
- Provide program coordinator with monthly client tracking numbers for all intakes and calls received for necessary detail reports
- Retrieve and review all client applications submitted by households to the agency on a daily basis
- Validate household income, utility payment histories, household residency and other required information needed to process the utility application.
- Make contact with respective utility company to confirm applicant outstanding balances to ensure the amounts necessary to avoid disruption in service and fax confirmation of funds to the appropriate utility company.
- Input all confirmed statuses in the utility database system as it relates to client names & social security numbers, utility account numbers and payment amounts and prepare electronic files for accounting process approval.
- Communicate with clients via telephone, internet and in person and advise of program requirements.
- Respond to incoming phone calls in regards to the utility program.
- Attend various statewide community events to inform public of utility availability.
- Refer clients to appropriate social service agencies within the community, based on needs.
- Refer clients to other energy assistance programs they may qualify for
- Assist with the administration and record keeping of the program
- Respond to all e-mail inquires and website contact messages
- Other duties as assigned and necessary for the administrative functioning of the department
- Ability to speak clearly while responding to clients in need and sometimes in crisis
- High School diploma or equivalency
- 1 to 2 years experience in providing intake and referral services, community outreach, or other related social service experiences
- Strong computer, data entry and interpersonal skills.
- All employees are required to submit to criminal, drug test, driving and personal reference checks as appropriate to their position.
Full time (schedule determined based on program needs)
Salary: hourly: $14.00-$16.75/$15.00-$17.75 Bi-Lingual
Please send resumes to: email@example.com