Under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and Corporate Accountant, the full-time Accounting Assistant will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Provide support to the CFO, and Corporate Accountant
- Review documentation and process accounts payable checks against agency programs
- Analyze general ledger balances
- Prepare journal entries
- Reconcile bank statements
- Other duties as assigned and necessary to monitor and maintain the agency’s financial health and well-being
- Bachelors degree in accounting
- Five (5) years plus computerized accounting/ bookkeeper experience
- Excellent computer skills: MS Word, Excel
- Must be fluent in Quickbooks
- Detailed oriented
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- All employees are required to submit to criminal, driving, drug and personal references
Hours: Full Time 35 hours a week
Salary Range: $15.00 to $20.00 per hour
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Main Office Receptionist
Under the direction of the Director of Administration, the staff person will be responsible for the following:
- Responsible for managing the switchboard and routing calls to appropriate person, announce name and nature of calls and/or recording of accurate messages, etc.
- Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the office
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person
- Answer, screen, and forward incoming phone calls
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material (e.g. pens, forms, and brochures)
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email
- Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk (monitor logbook)
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, mailers and faxing
- Login all (hand delivered) applications/client packets received and provide the client with a submission receipt.
- Login all mailed applications/client packets received.
- Capacity to deal with diverse clients with various levels of needs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. fax machines, printers and postage machine)
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Customer service attitude
- Three years experience in Customer Service field in direct service role
- Ability to speak clearly while responding to clients in need.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- All employees are required to submit to drug, criminal, driving and personal reference checks as appropriate to their position.
Hours: 9:00 to 5:00 pm 35 hours
Hourly Rate: $13.50 to $16.00 per hour