Home » Uncategorized » Job opportunity as a Social Service Coordinator in the Affordable Housing Alliance
Under the Direction of the Director of Resident and Client Services, the Social Service Coordinator duties are as follows:
- Responsible for outreach to and engagement of all residents of our Residential Locations.
- Assess residents needs and makes referrals to appropriate agencies
- Informs residents what type of help is available through the various county agencies to encourage participation.
- Hosts homework club and after school activities for the children
- Plans events for the residents such as movie night, bingo, etc.
- Assists residents with resume writing and job search
- Brings in guest speakers to hold talks for the residents
- Arranges for Service Providers to come to the site (ie, food pantry, VNA, etc.)
- Tracks data and provides monthly reports to the Director
- Coordinate tenant association meetings with residential director.
- Facilitate recreational outings as opportunities and resources allow.
- Coordinate holiday activities, parties and distribution of resources.
- Any other duties that may be assigned that are pertinent to the program
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Services or 5 years relevant field or a combination of experience and education.
- Candidate must have knowledge of programs and agencies that can provide services to the residents.
- Must have the ability to work with a diverse population.
- Must pass criminal background check, drug test and have a valid NJ driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- $ 16.00 to $18.00 per hour for Full Time 35 hours a week. Days and times will be mutually established for the benefit of the residents.
Please submit resume to: applications @housingall.org